Ludmila Kuncheva's Home Page
Our group is very dynamic. The main contributions to our research come from visitors and long-distance collaborations.
Project: "Prototype Selection from Streaming, Drifting and Partly
Labelled Data Using Classifier Ensembles" sponsored by The Leverhulme Trust
Project: "Classifier Ensembles for Changing Environments" sponsored by EPSRC 2005-2007,
Professor of Computer Science
PhD, Research Associate
PhD student, Change Detection
PhD student, Pattern Recognition
Former PhD students
"Classifier Ensembles for
Streaming fMRI Data"
"Image Analysis of
for Palynofacies Studies"
"Feature Selection and
"A Study on Diversity
in Classifier Ensembles"
of Marine Environment
Fuzzy Set Theory"
- 2015, Mikel Galar, University of Navarra, Spain.
Project: Classifier ensembles
- 2015, David Powers, Flinders University, Australia.
Project: Informedness versus F-measure
- 2014, Jose Pastor, University of Burgos, Spain.
Project: Classifier ensembles for imbalanced data
- 2012, Jose Pastor, Juan Rodriguez, University of Burgos, Spain.
Project: Classifier ensembles
- 2012, Ramon Mollineda, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón, Spain.
Project: Affective computing
- 2011, Zdravka Pujeva, Vocational School of Textile and Fashion Design,
Sofia, Bulgaria. Project: Exchange of teaching experience
- 2011, Javier Marin Tur, Computer Vision Centre, Barcelona, Spain.
Project: Classifier ensembles for pedestrian detection in static images
- 2010-2011, Nima Hatami, University of Cagliari, Italy. Project:
Large scale feature selection for fMRI data analysis
- 2010, Aida de Haro Garcia, University of Cordoba, Spain.
Project: Cascade Feature Selection
- 2009, Juan J. Rodriguez, University of Burgos, Spain.
Project: Advanced classification methods for fMRI data
- 2009, Gavin Brown, Amir Ahmed and Manuela Zanda, School of
Computer Science, University of Manchester.
Mini-Workshop: Classifier Ensembles,
Feature Selection and fMRI Data Analysis
- 2009, Snezhy Neshkova, CISCO. Project: Exchange of teaching experience
- 2009, David Martinez Rego, University of La Coruna, Spain.
Project: Voxel selection in fMRI data analysis
- 2008-2009, Francesco Gargiulo, University of Naples, Italy.
Project: Network traffic classification using classifier ensembles
- 2008 Indre Zliobaite, Vilnius University, Lithuania.
Project: Changing environments, a theoretical study
- 2005, 2007 Juan J. Rodriguez, University of Burgos, Spain.
Project: Classifier Ensembles, Time Series, and more
- 2004, 2006-2007, J. Salvador Sánchez, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón, Spain.
Project: Combining classifiers and prototype selection for learning in
partially supervised environments
- 2005-2006, Anand Narasimhamurthy, Research Associate on the EPSRC grant
Classifier Ensembles for Changing Environments
- 1999, 2002, 2005, Bob Duin, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands.
- 2004, 2005, Stefan Hadjitodorov, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
Project: Clustering Ensembles (RS)
- 2005, 2006, Dmitry Vetrov, Moscow State University, Russia. Project: INTAS
- 2005, Ela Pekalska, Manchester University. Seminar
- 2004, David Masip, Computer Vision Centre, Barcelona, Spain.
Project: Classifier ensembles for feature extraction.
- 2004 Fernando Vilarino, Computer Vision Centre, Barcelona, Spain.
Project: Classification of contractions in capsular endoscopy.
- 2004, Krassimir Atanassov, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. Project: Fuzzy Sets and Systems
- 2004 Petia Radeva and Jordi Vitria, Computer Vision Centre, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain.
Project: APRMI (Advances in Pattern Recognition and Medical Imaging)
- 2003 Peter Cockcroft, University of Cambridge, UK. Collaborative visit.
- 2001 Francesco Masulli, Universita' di Genova, Italy. Collaborative visit.
- 1998, 2001 Jim Bezdek, University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL, USA. Seminar & collaborative visit.
- 1998 Melanie Sutton, University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL, USA. Seminar & collaborative visit.
Artificial (classification and clustering)
cone-torus • boat • half-ring • rotated checkerboard • noisy lines • 2 spirals
• four gauss • petals • easy doughnut • saturn • difficult doughnut • regular
Real (medical, not in UCI)*
laryngeal1 • voice_3 • respiratory • laryngeal2 •
voice_9 • weaning • laryngeal3
*This data collection was put together as a part of the study on cluster ensembles
under Royal Society Grant #15035 (2004-2005)