Modules that I have taught:
2015 - Current ICP3036 Computer Graphics 3 - Rendering (20 credit)
2007 - Current ICP2036 Computer Graphics 2 – Algorithms
2007 - Current ICP4142 Information Visualization
2007 - 2015 ICP4123 Technologies for Internet Systems
2007 - 2015 ICP3123 Technologies for Internet Systems
2007 - 2011 ICP3099, IED3098, IED3099 Convenor of all 3rd year project modules:
2007 - 2011 ICP4145 Fundamentals of Computer Graphics
1999 - 2007 CO612, Computer Graphics and Visualization
1999 - 2007 CO691, Interactive Web Publishing
2000 - 2007 CO620, Final year research-based project supervision, various projects
1999 - 2007 CO600/CO699, Final year group (3+) project supervision
1999 - 2003 CO314, Computers, Software & Systems,
1999 - 2003 CO603, Multimedia Technology & Programming
1999 - 2000 CO607, Text processing and Electronic Publishing
1996 - 1999 AB612 Computer Graphics
1994,95,96 (during PhD) Part-time teaching (C language) to MSc Computing students,
1993 (during PhD) Part-time teaching (Pascal)
• Director of Teaching &
Learning for School of Computer Science, taking
overarching responsibility for Undergraduate and
Graduate teaching in the School of Computer Science
• Sit on University Teaching & Learning Committee
• Chair Teaching & Learning committee in the School.
• Course director of modules: ICP2036, ICP3123, ICP4123, ICP4145, ICP4142 (since 2007)
• Supervise PhD, Masters-by Research,
• Sit on four PhD advisory panels, (co-supervisor)
• Tutor of 32 students (approximately 9 per undergraduate level 4,5,6 and five at MSc (level 7). The tutoring system is mainly for pastoral care rather than student tuition.
I have been involved in all forms and levels of
examination (both undergraduate and postgraduate
• Formal written examinations for the end of the year examinations.
• Continued assessment setting and marking (of various types, from in-seminar tests, to graphics code).
• Undergraduate project examination (marking the project written work, and viva voce).
• Assessing modules for approval.
- Senior Examinations Officer for School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering (Bangor University)
- Member of Senate Postgraduate Committee that deals with postgraduate qualifications
- Principal Undergraduate Admissions Officer (Kent 2003-2006)
- Convene (directed): CO612 Computer Graphics and Visualization, and CO691 Interactive Web Publishing. Most modules at Kent University were joint-taught.
- On Computer Science School Executive team of the School of Computing Kent.
- Student recruitment in India
- Kent Visualization group organiser
- Computing School research seminar organizer